I’m looking for some best practices when working with Azure HPC, in other words, how to migrate 6000 cores workload from on-premise to Azure. (used for risk calculation in finance)
After going through some blogs and documents, i noticed that there are 3 ways to approach
– Build HPC myself that is create a bunch of VM in Azure (put them in Scale Set)
– Hybrid using HPC Pack (deploy new VM from on-premise side)
– Azure Batch
Since i’m complete newbie, anyone can provide some detailed steps how to start in this case?
– Have to assess the on-premise HPC to see what it’s running inside? How long does it take to process?
– Migrate all to Azure HPC then destroy on-premise HPC.
– Remove HPC after finishing processing. Create when needed. etc